VW Camper Van Hire Specialists

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the office hours for the business?

We are open 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Are your VW campervans reliable?

Of course!  The T6 VW campervan is new and has been fully equipped to the highest standard with an elevating roof bed, table, two burner hob, Smev glass topped sink and 12v leisure battery.

Can I come and have a look before I hire?

We would love to show off our van but it’s recommended that you phone and book an appointment to avoid disappointment.

Is there somewhere I can leave my car when I hire from you?

That is no problem – we have one customer parking space per hire available but customer cars are parked in our car parking area at their own risk. CCTV cameras are in use at our Lichfield site.

Are there any age requirements to hire and drive your VW campervans?

Yes. Due to insurance requirements you have to be at least 25 and less than 75 years of age and must have held a full driving licence for a minimum of two years. 

Can more than one person drive your VW campervan?

Yes, you can have up to three listed drivers but for insurance purposes we highly recommend that this decision is made prior to hire. Please note that  the cost of insurance will increase for additional drivers. The additional cost currently stands at £8.00 per additional driver per day and is subject to confirmation.

I've points on my licence. Is that going to affect me hiring your VW campervan?

Our policy permits a maximum of two 3 point speeding fines/other minor offences and no more than one minor accident in the past three years. For any other convictions / accidents, we will require you to provide full details so we can refer them to our insurer to seek authorisation. In case of any doubt we recommend that you give us a call and we will be happy to assist you.

What do I need to do about insurance?

Comprehensive motor insurance is included in the basic price.  If you are unfortunate enough to be in an accident, you’ll have to pay the policy excess which is £500 in the UK. For European use the excess will be in accordance with the amount advised to you at the time of hire. Our full insurance details are available at:


Please be aware that windscreen and tyre damage is not covered by the insurance policy and is your responsibility.

Insurance Excesses.

In the event of an accident, the following excesses apply:

UK Hire and Residency - £500
European Hire / Non UK Residency - TBC on enquiry

For fire and theft claims, insurance cover is in force although this is subject to a 25% Co-insurance clause for which you would be responsible.

Would we be able to travel overseas in your campervan?

We allow our van to travel to Europe only, and we would need to know at the time of booking. European insurance cover is from an additional £15 per day per campervan.

Will I have to pay a booking deposit?

Yes we require a non-refundable booking deposit of £150.00 payable before a booking can be confirmed, and the balance is then due at least 6 weeks before you’re due to hire from us.

How do I book your VW campervan?

Please complete the booking enquiry form on our website and we will be in contact with you. You may also call us during office hours and we will  be happy to assist you with the booking process.

Is it possible to book additional days?

During peak season this is not possible due to high demand however we may be able to arrange extra days during low season. Please contact us and we will try our best to accommodate you.

What documents will I need to provide?

We will need to see a card driving license for each driver and TWO secondary address IDs that match the address on the license – i.e. utility bill, council tax statement or bank/credit card/mortgage statements dated within 3 months of the hire date.  

As the paper counterpart license is no longer valid UK license holders need to also supply a DVLA license summary form which shows any points and endorsements on the license.  You can download this from the DVLA website.

If you have a paper license only, issued before 1998, we also need to see your passport.

If travelling to Europe we need to see your passport also.

Will my personal property be covered in the insurance cover?

No, this would send the price of the insurance through the roof and we would rather keep it nice and affordable!  It works out a lot cheaper for you to arrange your own travel insurance and we highly recommend that you do it for your own peace of mind. 

Am I allowed to take my dog?

Yes we know that dogs are part of your family so of course they are allowed. It’s up to you to make sure they are well behaved, and they don’t cause any damage to our van. Your dog can be booked in the website extras page.

Am I able to take my bikes?

We do have a removable bike rack available that fits to the rear of the van and can carry 2 bikes.  This can be booked as an extra when booking and will incur an additional charge. Please let us let us know at the time of booking if  you are bringing bikes and we will fit the bike rack prior to your arrival. We recommend that you ensure your bike is covered by your own insurance policy.

So what do I need to bring with me?

We supply:

  • A fridge/cool box
  • Gas stove
  • Cooking utensils
  • 4 piece set of knifes / forks / spoons / teaspoons
  • 4 main dining plates
  • 4 x side plates
  • 4 x mugs
  • 4 x water glasses
  • 1 x chopping board

You’ll need to bring:

Your own bedding along with pillows, towels, that kind of thing. Torches are a must or a camping lantern or two, they’re really cheap and work quite nicely. We can provide some of the above and this can be booked at the time of booking as an extra and would already be packed and stored in your chosen Camper on your arrival. Subject to an agreed cost we can provide you with:

  • Bedding
  • Pillows
  • Torches
  • Soap
  • Cleaning detergents  

What can I run off the leisure battery?

The leisure battery is charged up when you’re on the move and will last for about 3 days without turning the engine on.  It works the fridge, electric tap, ignition on the hob and interior lights.  This means the vehicles main battery is never used for these bits and pieces.  Whenever you can we recommend that you plug into a campsite’s electrical hook-up to keep it charged overnight. The electric sockets only work off the mains hook up.

Can you recommend any good campsites/ places to stay?

Feel free to check out our Places to Explore page. This will provide you with some essentials that we feel you will need to look at to get the most out of your camper van holiday. It also includes information about the kind of holiday activities you might get up to in a VW camper van, to provide a little fuel for your imagination. We will be constantly updating our website for venues on receipt of reports from our customers.

How much fuel is in the campervan when I collect it?

You will have a full fuel tank so you can get away on your adventure straight away. we just ask to bring it back to us with a full tank ready for the next customer.